With the festival of Shavuot coming up and this wonderful heat wave in England, here is a delightful and refreshing chilled cheesecake perfect for a summer dessert.
I love the sweet creamy biscuits and fruity cherry flavours together, however you could just as easily use chocolate chip biscuits and any fruit you like.
Oreo and Cherry Cheesecake
Makes 4 individual cheesecakes.
- 150g oreos or similar biscuit, crushed small
- 70g melted butter
- 140g mascarpone
- 120g full fat cream cheese such as Philadelphia
- 160g cherries, chopped small
- Another 4 whole cherries to decorate
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 3 tsp caster sugar or light brown sugar
- In a frying pan, heat the chopped cherries with the caster sugar and a few drops of water. Cook on a medium heat for about 10 minutes and stir continuously. Squash with a fork or potato masher and then leave to cool.
- Mix the crushed biscuits and melted butter and press down into your ramekins. Leave to set in the fridge for half an hour.
- Mix the cheeses with the icing sugar and stir well. Add the cooled cherry jam and cool in the fridge.
- When the biscuit base has set, top the ramekins with the cheese and cherry combo and set back in the fridge for at least half an hour before eating. Top with a beautiful red cherry!
Tip: Take these out the fridge 10 minutes before you want to eat them to let the base soften slightly.